The Holiday Caravan encourages and welcomes all bands to participate in the parade. The Holiday Caravan is aware of expenses that bands incur to participate in such events and offers monetary financial assistance to cover such cost for travel. If you have any questions or concerns about such assistance please feel free to contact the Holiday Caravan at (704)636-5335. Thank You.
No entry fee is required for bands. ** For the purpose of judging the Best Overall Band Award
1. Competition will be open to high school and junior high school bands only.
2. All playing members, including percussion, will be considered a part of the band.
3.PERFORMANCE WILL BE ALLOWED IN 2017 Strict guidelines MUST be followed (see below) 1) Performance areas will be A) Judges area in Spencer B) Reserve Seating area in Salisbury in between the 200-300 blocks of North Main Street Do Not stop and perform in ANY OTHER AREAS (including the town square). You will be DISQUALIFIED and may not be invited back in the following years.
2) Performance Time is 90 seconds MAX 4. All judging will take place in front of the Judges' Reviewing Stand. The Judges will be located in a train car in downtown Spencer, in front of the North Carolina Transportation Museum. It is highly suggested that all bands play Christmas music in Spencer and Salisbury.
5. Judging will take place on the following basis:
BEST OVERALL BAND - Music, General Effect, Marching, Coordination, and Apperance etc. BEST FRONT LINE - General Effect, Coordination, Marching, and Appearance etc BEST DRUM MAJORS - Leadership, Spirit and Performance, General Effect, and Appearance etc. BEST DRUM LINE - Music, General Effect, Marching, Coordination, and Appearance etc.
6. And award will be given to one high school/junior high school marching band with the highest score, as well as the honor of being designated the Honor (lead) Band for the next year's parade.
7. Winners of the award will be notified by our staff and will make arrangements to pickup or deliver the awards to the various schools.
Please complete the band application below (or) go to the printable forms section of this website and mail to PO Box 2272 Salisbury NC 28145-2272. You may also fax a copy to (704) 279-5781.